This easy banana bread recipe is sure to be a favorite with your family!
Is there anyone in the world who doesn’t like banana bread? Even my picky eater tween loves it, and she can’t stand bananas!
Up until recently, I would just purchase banana bread at my favorite bakery or coffee shop.
Since the family was home a lot more over the last year, I’ve had time to do a little more baking and finally gave making banana bread a shot.
Here’s the thing about baking banana bread. It’s so easy to make that you might be tempted to take shortcuts.
Don’t. Trust me.
Tips for Making Easy Banana Bread
The first time I made banana bread a few months ago, I didn’t mash the bananas up enough. My kids, even the one who likes bananas, were not pleased.
Make sure you mash the bananas, y’all.
The next time I made it, I took my time and made sure there were no chunks to be seen. The whole family gobbled that loaf right on up!
Next, when you’re making the bread batter, resist the urge to stir. Instead, you want to fold the ingredients into each other.
There’s nothing worse than a dense, heavy banana bread that’s also dry because you overstirred.
Ask me how I know.
Finally, make sure you choose add-ins that everyone will like.
Don’t put raisins in your banana bread unless you know the whole family enjoys raisins in baked goods (I do not. Like, ever.).
This Banana Bread Recipe is Amazing
Alright, so I don’t want to hype this up too much, but I can’t help myself. This banana bread recipe is not only easy, but it’s super delicious, too!
There’s a brown sugar and walnut topping that is just ridiculously yummy, and your family is sure to love it.
Eat it while it’s warm with a cup of milk, or a hot cup of tea or coffee.
Honestly, this would even make a good dessert.
Easy Banana Bread With Brown Sugar and Walnuts
This easy to make banana bread with brown sugar and walnuts is perfect for breakfast, snack time, or any time really! It only takes about 15 minutes to put together, then you let the oven do its thing!
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ – 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Spray loaf pan with baking spray
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl stir together eggs, mashed bananas, melted butter and vanilla.
- Pour liquid mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and add walnuts.
- Don’t stir. Instead, use a rubber spatula and fold the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Mix until all of the dry ingredients are no longer visible and pour into loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter for topping.
- Add brown sugar and chopped walnuts, stir until combined.
- Spread crumble over the top of the bread mixture in loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 mins or until an inserted knife comes out clean
- Rest for 10 mins in pan and then on a wire cooling rack for 15-20 min before serving.
- Allow the bread time to cool so that it doesn’t fall apart when you cut it.
This banana bread can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 605Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 495mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 4gSugar: 44gProtein: 9g
Other posts you might enjoy:
How to Make Turkey Bacon In The Microwave
Easy Meals Your Tween Can Make On Their Own
Quick Cheese Muffins
The post Easy Banana Bread (With Brown Sugar and Walnuts) appeared first on Mama Knows It All.