Having a positive body image is critical for mental and emotional well-being.
There have been times when I’ve fallen into a spiral of negative self-talk and comparison.
Journaling has been a lifesaver and an incredible tool in helping me to have a greater appreciation for my body and all it does for me.
By putting my feelings on paper, I’ve been able to identify and challenge my negative self-talk.
Whether you’re just starting your journey towards having a positive body image, or are an old pro, these journal prompts for a positive body image will encourage you to reflect on your relationship with your body, celebrate your body’s abilities, and focus on your inner beauty.
- Describe your relationship with your body in one word.
- What messages about body image have you received from the media?
- What is your earliest memory of feeling self-conscious about your body?
- How has your relationship with your body changed over time?
- Write about a time when you felt truly confident in your body.
- What do you appreciate the most about your body?
- What are some things you can do to take care of your body?
- Who are some body-positive role models you look up to, and why?
- How do you deal with body insecurities when they come up?
- Have you ever felt pressured to change your appearance to fit in? How did you respond?
- Write about a time when you compared your body to someone else’s and how it made you feel.
- What are some things you wish you could change about the way society views bodies?
- Describe a time when you felt empowered by your body.
- What are some activities that make you feel good in your body?
- How do you respond when someone compliments your appearance?
- What are some of the positive things your body allows you to do?
- What are some things you would tell your younger self about body image?
- What are some things you can do to appreciate your body, even on days when you’re not feeling great?
- What are some body-positive affirmations you can tell yourself when you’re feeling down?
- Write about a time when you felt truly comfortable in your own skin.
- What are some things you wish people knew about body image struggles?
- What are some things you can do to promote body positivity to your friends and loved ones?
- What are some things you would tell someone else who was struggling with body image?
- Write a letter to your body, expressing gratitude for everything it does for you.